English Digital Content Coordinator Job Opening in Tokyo
English Digital Content Coordinator Opening in Tokyo
Sekai He Bokan is a growing international digital marketing company based near Otsuka Station that provides outbound web marketing and consulting services to Japanese clients looking to grow their market share in English speaking countries. Current clients include leading Japanese companies in the hospitality, food, entertainment, merchandise, and culture fields.
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of a productive and talented Content Coordinator with experience of SEO, who will be responsible for producing and coordinating various content and blogs, to expand the digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, leads and conversions of our growing list of clients. Beyond having a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills, we are looking for a person who is passionate about marketing and spreading Japanese culture, products and services to the rest of the world.
This a fantastic opportunity for an experienced digital marketing expat living in Tokyo with Japanese language experience.
- Guide and support a team of international content producers in ideation, creation and completion of regularly scheduled content for clients to be marketed via all inbound channels (social, email, blog, landing pages, etc.).
- Make data-driven decisions to move the team and our clients’ content forward to achieve company and client goals.
- Manage content creation freelancers.
- Manage on-page and off-page SEO for the company’s clients.
- Collaborate with content marketing and blog contributors to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Manage and measure organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on site impressions, CTR, traffic performance, and conversions.
- Keep the team up-to-date with the latest trends in content marketing and changes with SEO and major search engines.
- Native level English language skills
- Basic level Japanese language skills
- Minimum 2 years onsite work experience in the digital marketing industry
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic/advanced knowledge of SEO
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and keyword research tools
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- 6 months to 1 year remaining on a valid Work Visa
- Attitude as a self-starter to work independently and proactively
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, and images)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and plan work in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Driven by creative intuition but able to confirm content direction with data, as well as report results and optimize using data
- Excellent attention to detail both for line editing copy and consistency in style and tone across content channels based on data-driven approaches
- Knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates
- Flexible attitude in appropriately handling client requests
- Able to adapt to an international working environment (specifically Western and Japanese business cultures and communication)
- Knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, retargeting, and social network advertising (AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more)
- Intermediate to advanced level Japanese language skills (equivalent to JLPT N1, N2)
- Experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of other google tools such as Google Tag Manager
- Basic knowledge of UX/UI
Part-Time Trial Period: 3 Months
Work Hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00–6:00; 1-hour unpaid lunch break
Allowances: Daily transportation, education materials
Paid Holidays: 10 days paid leave after 6 months of full-time employment
Unpaid Holidays: Weekends, national holidays, New Year’s vacation
Visa Sponsorship: Available to qualified candidates after 6 months of employment
To apply, please submit an English resume and cover letter. Applicants who meet the basic requirements outlined above will be considered for this position. Testing and an onsite paid trial may be requested as part of the interview process.
Get a free consultation